Blackheath is a lovely green part of the city and we’d like to keep it that way so please respect the environment by using the many recycling points and bins provided to keep the site and surrounding area clean.
SINGLE USE PLASTIC
We are working hard to minimise single use plastic from the event. We’re asking festival-goers to please work with us and dispose of what plastic is on site responsibly.
• All our water bottles are made from rPET (recycled plastic).
• All our soft drinks are served from cans.
• Please minimise the single use plastic you bring! We encourage you to bring empty sports or metal refillable bottles which are 500ml or under to refill and reuse at the free water points located around the festival.
• All traders will use only compostable cutlery and serveware, including straws.
• All paper cups, bottles and cans in the Arena have a 10p deposit included in the price, which you can redeem at the refund points
We run a four-bin system at the festival, which means bin station in the campsite and village will be formed by 4 bins:
CANS AND PLASTIC
These are easily recognisable by grey and red tops. Please use these for cans and rPET plastic bottles only.
FOOD AND SERVEWARE
When you buy food from the traders, everything your food comes in is compostable so plates, cutlery and napkins can be placed in the compost bins along with the food scraps. Please make sure NO PLASTIC goes into the compost.
All drinks cups
There should be minimal left over that goes into General Waste.
BIN YOUR BUTTS
Every butt has to be picked up by hand, so it would be awesome if you did not flick your cigarette and put it out before you bin it.